Nature inspires new exhibition in Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
A new exhibition opens at The Little Gallery in Halesworth featuring the work of painter and illustrator Hannah Giffard.
Hannah has written and illustrated books for a number of publishers including Pan MacMillan and Simon and Schuster.
Her Red Fox books were published by Frances Lincoln and shortlisted for The Children’s Book of the Year Award.
This was the seed of an idea for the animation of Pablo the Little Red Fox – the series which won the BAFTA in 2000 for best international TV series and is still showing in 50 countries worldwide.
Working in her studio on the borders of Norfolk and Suffolk, Hannah is inspired by her surroundings from hares in cornfields to stags on misty mornings.
You may also want to watch:
Her animals are often symbolic and their relationship to each other and the landscape gives another dimension.
She was commissioned to design artwork for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she produced the logo and images for the walls and ceilings of the Jenny Lind Children’s Department.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 4 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
Her exhibition opens on Saturday and runs until August 30.
For more information contact Mary or Colin on 01986 875367 or online at www.thelittlegalleryhalesworth.com