Nature inspires new exhibition in Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
A new exhibition opens at The Little Gallery in Halesworth featuring the work of painter and illustrator Hannah Giffard.
Hannah has written and illustrated books for a number of publishers including Pan MacMillan and Simon and Schuster.
Her Red Fox books were published by Frances Lincoln and shortlisted for The Children’s Book of the Year Award.
This was the seed of an idea for the animation of Pablo the Little Red Fox – the series which won the BAFTA in 2000 for best international TV series and is still showing in 50 countries worldwide.
Working in her studio on the borders of Norfolk and Suffolk, Hannah is inspired by her surroundings from hares in cornfields to stags on misty mornings.
You may also want to watch:
Her animals are often symbolic and their relationship to each other and the landscape gives another dimension.
She was commissioned to design artwork for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she produced the logo and images for the walls and ceilings of the Jenny Lind Children’s Department.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked
- 4 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 5 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 6 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Actor lands New York big break after overcoming father's death
- 9 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 10 921 Suffolk schoolchildren self-isolating - but numbers have fallen, figures show
Her exhibition opens on Saturday and runs until August 30.
For more information contact Mary or Colin on 01986 875367 or online at www.thelittlegalleryhalesworth.com