Nature inspires new exhibition in Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
A new exhibition opens at The Little Gallery in Halesworth featuring the work of painter and illustrator Hannah Giffard.
Hannah has written and illustrated books for a number of publishers including Pan MacMillan and Simon and Schuster.
Her Red Fox books were published by Frances Lincoln and shortlisted for The Children’s Book of the Year Award.
This was the seed of an idea for the animation of Pablo the Little Red Fox – the series which won the BAFTA in 2000 for best international TV series and is still showing in 50 countries worldwide.
Working in her studio on the borders of Norfolk and Suffolk, Hannah is inspired by her surroundings from hares in cornfields to stags on misty mornings.
Her animals are often symbolic and their relationship to each other and the landscape gives another dimension.
She was commissioned to design artwork for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she produced the logo and images for the walls and ceilings of the Jenny Lind Children’s Department.
- 1 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 2 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 8 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 9 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
- 10 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
Her exhibition opens on Saturday and runs until August 30.
For more information contact Mary or Colin on 01986 875367 or online at www.thelittlegalleryhalesworth.com