Nature inspires new exhibition in Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
A new exhibition opens at The Little Gallery in Halesworth featuring the work of painter and illustrator Hannah Giffard.
Hannah has written and illustrated books for a number of publishers including Pan MacMillan and Simon and Schuster.
Her Red Fox books were published by Frances Lincoln and shortlisted for The Children’s Book of the Year Award.
This was the seed of an idea for the animation of Pablo the Little Red Fox – the series which won the BAFTA in 2000 for best international TV series and is still showing in 50 countries worldwide.
Working in her studio on the borders of Norfolk and Suffolk, Hannah is inspired by her surroundings from hares in cornfields to stags on misty mornings.
You may also want to watch:
Her animals are often symbolic and their relationship to each other and the landscape gives another dimension.
She was commissioned to design artwork for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she produced the logo and images for the walls and ceilings of the Jenny Lind Children’s Department.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
Her exhibition opens on Saturday and runs until August 30.
For more information contact Mary or Colin on 01986 875367 or online at www.thelittlegalleryhalesworth.com