New choir to perform in Halesworth
A NEW choir will make its debut at St Mary’s Church in Halesworth on Sunday.
Concordia comprises just 14 voices, drawn from Suffolk’s top vocal groups and directed by Ralph Woodward, a rising star on the choral conducting scene.
Based in Cambridge, Ralph is currently musical director of the Fairhaven Singers, Full Score and the Northumbrian Recorder and Viol School and was director of the Britten-Pears Chamber Choir from 2002 until 2010.
He has worked in more than 20 countries and has conducted the London Mozart Players, The Parley of Instruments and Britten Sinfonia.
Past collaborators have included Vladimir Ashkenazy, Emma Kirkby, Emma Johnson, James Bowman – and recently extreme-metal band Cradle of Filth.
You may also want to watch:
The programme for Autumn Tones will offer a beguiling mix from Bach, Monteverdi, Purcell and Vaughan Williams alongside ravishing motets by Pierre Villette.
The concert will also feature the St Felix Junior Choir.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 7 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
Tickets cost �10, �8 (concessions), �5 (under 16s) and are available from the box office at The Cut Arts Centre in Halesworth on 0845 673 2123 or email email@example.com
The concert begins at 3pm.