New choir to perform in Halesworth
A NEW choir will make its debut at St Mary’s Church in Halesworth on Sunday.
Concordia comprises just 14 voices, drawn from Suffolk’s top vocal groups and directed by Ralph Woodward, a rising star on the choral conducting scene.
Based in Cambridge, Ralph is currently musical director of the Fairhaven Singers, Full Score and the Northumbrian Recorder and Viol School and was director of the Britten-Pears Chamber Choir from 2002 until 2010.
He has worked in more than 20 countries and has conducted the London Mozart Players, The Parley of Instruments and Britten Sinfonia.
Past collaborators have included Vladimir Ashkenazy, Emma Kirkby, Emma Johnson, James Bowman – and recently extreme-metal band Cradle of Filth.
You may also want to watch:
The programme for Autumn Tones will offer a beguiling mix from Bach, Monteverdi, Purcell and Vaughan Williams alongside ravishing motets by Pierre Villette.
The concert will also feature the St Felix Junior Choir.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 9 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
Tickets cost �10, �8 (concessions), �5 (under 16s) and are available from the box office at The Cut Arts Centre in Halesworth on 0845 673 2123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The concert begins at 3pm.