New open mic night in town
BUDDING performers are getting the chance to air their material at a new open mic night in Beccles.The Monday night event started at The King's Head two weeks ago and has so far attracted a wide range of talented performers.
BUDDING performers are getting the chance to air their material at a new open mic night in Beccles.
The Monday night event started at The King's Head two weeks ago and has so far attracted a wide range of talented performers.
Slots are available to anyone who wants to perform, and acts have included acoustic guitarists, violinists and poetry reading.
Stuart Janes, manager at the pub, who is running the night with food and beverage staff member Ian Williams, said: “There's an awful lot of talent in the area. I wanted people to have an opportunity to play in front of an audience. It's open to anyone who's got the confidence or half the confidence to perform.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile another music night starts at the pub tonight.
On Friday nights the venue will be putting on a musical act, starting with saxophonist Maria Sax.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 9 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 10 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
Other acts in the coming weeks include Mark Anthony, Jon Buck and Richard Taylor, and Graham John Stacey.
Both evenings start at 8pm, and there will be drinks promotions.