New shows for New Year at Fisher
THE pantomime is over at the Fisher Theatre at Bungay - and after a few days welcome break, the curtain goes up on New Year shows, starting tomorrow.An Alternative Nativity takes an irreverent look at the Christmas story and tries to find out what really happened at Bethlehem.
THE pantomime is over at the Fisher Theatre at Bungay - and after a few days welcome break, the curtain goes up on New Year shows, starting tomorrow.
An Alternative Nativity takes an irreverent look at the Christmas story and tries to find out what really happened at Bethlehem. How did pregnant Mary ride a donkey? Was there room at the inn? And what is myrrh?
The team that created Sketches from the Old Testament are responsible for this heresy. Tickets are �5 and it starts at 8pm tomorrow.
Next Friday there is the latest in the series of quiz nights at the theatre, under the leadership of quizmaster Stephen Went. Teams of four are welcome and the �5 per person entry includes a buffet supper. It starts at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Next Saturday, January 16, is Salsa Party night, and on January 19 and 20 Yakety Yak in association with The Seagull Youth Theatre present Little Women, Louisa M Alcott's timeless story of the lives of four sisters - Meg, Beth, Amy and Jo.
Later in January entertainment includes live music with the Hofners, a Mindforce experience, Steemy Dan (a Steely Dan tribute band), and The Horn Factory - a 20-piece big band.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
The Thursday films have now resumed. Next Thursday, Duplicity (12) starring Julia Roberts, Clive Owen and Paul Giametti is showing at 7.30pm.
Tickets for all events at the Fisher are available through the box office on 01986 897130 or via the website: www.fishertheatre.org.