Night of soul returns to Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Archant
Back by popular demand, super cool soul DJs Garry Emms, Steve Kay and guest DJ Kev Coulston will be returning to Beccles Public Hall for a high energy night dancing to northern soul and Motown music.
The Move On Up Soul Night is back at the hall on Saturday night from 8pm until midnight, with doors opening at 7.30pm.
“Come and do your thing at the hall – it’s one big happy family and everyone is welcome!” said Sue Bergin, events coordinator.
Featuring spins, flips, and backdrops, the northern soul dancing style was inspired by the stage performances of visiting American soul acts such as Little Anthony and The Imperials and Jackie Wilson.
The Motown label produced over 525 albums and gave birth to some of America’s most iconic performers – The Temptations, Diana Ross and The Supremes, Smokey Robinson and The Miracles, The Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Martha and The Vandellas, the Commodores, Lionel Richie, and many other artists.
Beccles Public Hall is also hosting another Move On Up Soul Night on Saturday, September 16, hosted by DJs Garry Emms, presenter of ‘Pure Rhythm Radio’, and Steve Greensides. There will also be a special treat on the September date in the form of Heavy Sol – a much admired mod band.
Tickets for Saturday’s event are £7, available from the box office, open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm, by ringing 01502 770060 or by visiting www.becclespublichall.com
- 1 Hidden aspects of Beccles uncovered in new book
- 2 Call for flat roof owners to help fight gull problem
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 5 MP reiterates call for PM to quit after 'inevitable' resignations
- 6 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 7 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 8 Free hearing aids for teddy bears in Norwich this weekend
- 9 Youth theatre group set to stage The Little Shop of Horrors
- 10 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
The new programme for July, August and September event is now available to pick up from the Public Hall.