NODA president to attend world premiere in Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are selling well for the world premiere of the new British musical comedy The Best Man, which has been written by two local writers, Ian Cook and Ian Newton.
The show is being staged by
the Beccles based Waveney Light Opera Group in April, and on opening night NODA president Chris Ingram and his wife will be in the audience.
NODA (National Operatic and Dramatic Association) is the national body that oversees amateur theatre in the UK, and the group are excited to be receiving their second visit by a NODA president.
In 2013 the then president Derek Grattidge saw a performance of The Reunion also written by Mr Cook and Mr Newton. Mr Grattidge was so impresses that he awarded it NODA’s only national award - the President’s Cup.
You may also want to watch:
The Best Man is set in London’s East End in 1981, and begins on July 29, the wedding day of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. The musical comedy tells the tale of Cathy Price, a hairdresser and lover of romantic fiction, who is searching for Dagenham’s answer to Mr Darcy. The show is packed with laugh out loud scenes, tear jerking moments and big company numbers that will enthral and entertain.
The show will be performed at Beccles Public Hall from Tuesday, April 26, to Saturday, April 30, at 7.30pm.
- 1 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 2 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 7 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Tickets for the show are available from the Public Hall box Office on 01502 770060 or online at www.becclespublichall.com.
For further details about the show visit www.thebestmanmusical.co.uk