Opera and pop music on Beccles Public Hall stage
- Credit: Archant
Join the Beccles Public Hall team for a romantic comedy set backstage at the opera!
There will be a warm welcome for The Merry Opera Company as they offer this new show and Beccles’ debut, Kiss me, Figaro! set for Sunday, June 15, at the Public Hall at 7.30pm (doors open at 7pm).
The story tells of how a soprano who has been jilted at the altar by a tenor, and who comes back to seek her rightful hand in marriage. This new romantic comedy, featuring music my Handel, Mozart, Puccini, Irving Berlin and others is just the ticket for a splendid evening’s entertainment in Beccles.
Kiss me, Figaro! has been nominated for three Off West End awards - best male singer, best female singer and best opera and the show has been picking up some well deserved reviews along the way:
Tickets are £10 and £9 for concessions and can be purchased on-line at: www.becclespublichall.com or by visiting the Box Office which is open from Monday to Saturday, from 10am to 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, tomorrow evening sees top tribute band Steemy Dan performing at the Public Hall.
The 10-piece band have been described as “the closest to the real thing you could get” as they perform the hit songs from legendary American band Steely Dan including such classics as Rikki Don’t Lose That Number, Bad Sneakers, Reelin’ In The Years and Do It Again.
- 1 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 4 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
Steemy Dan performed at The Cut, Halesworth, on Friday last week and were a huge hit with the large audience.
The show at Beccles starts at 7.30pm and tickets, costing £10, are available from the Public Hall box office.