Opera and pop music on Beccles Public Hall stage
- Credit: Archant
Join the Beccles Public Hall team for a romantic comedy set backstage at the opera!
There will be a warm welcome for The Merry Opera Company as they offer this new show and Beccles’ debut, Kiss me, Figaro! set for Sunday, June 15, at the Public Hall at 7.30pm (doors open at 7pm).
The story tells of how a soprano who has been jilted at the altar by a tenor, and who comes back to seek her rightful hand in marriage. This new romantic comedy, featuring music my Handel, Mozart, Puccini, Irving Berlin and others is just the ticket for a splendid evening’s entertainment in Beccles.
Kiss me, Figaro! has been nominated for three Off West End awards - best male singer, best female singer and best opera and the show has been picking up some well deserved reviews along the way:
Tickets are £10 and £9 for concessions and can be purchased on-line at: www.becclespublichall.com or by visiting the Box Office which is open from Monday to Saturday, from 10am to 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, tomorrow evening sees top tribute band Steemy Dan performing at the Public Hall.
The 10-piece band have been described as “the closest to the real thing you could get” as they perform the hit songs from legendary American band Steely Dan including such classics as Rikki Don’t Lose That Number, Bad Sneakers, Reelin’ In The Years and Do It Again.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
Steemy Dan performed at The Cut, Halesworth, on Friday last week and were a huge hit with the large audience.
The show at Beccles starts at 7.30pm and tickets, costing £10, are available from the Public Hall box office.