Pink Floyd tribute show to rock at Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Archant
A tribute act covering all eras of an iconic band will be performing at Beccles Public Hall on Saturday, June 18, at 7.45pm.
The Pure Floyd Show who cover the original Floyd has a strong regional following with most members residing in Norfolk and Suffolk.
The band covers all eras of Pink Floyd’s music, ranging from psychedelic 60s numbers to the recently released Endless River tracks.
Andy ‘Archie’ Rodwell, spokesman for the band said: “This will be our first gig in Beccles. The Public Hall has a lot of character and we’re all looking forward to it very much. We have a lot of friends and followers in this area and hope to see old faces as well as new ones on the night.
“The band and crew has a real family feel, containing a brother and sister, husband and wife, father and daughter, and father and son.
You may also want to watch:
“This makes us feel very much closer than simply being band mates. One of the highlights of this summer will be headlining on main stage on the opening night of The Cambridge Rock Festival.”
Tickets are £14 for the gig style evening.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 5 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 6 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 7 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 8 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
The Rat Pack Swing Show takes place at the Public Hall this evening at 7.30pm with swing singers, Paul and Stephen Amer, who will be joined by a live band and singer, Ellie Darnell.
They will perform hit after hit of swing classics made famous by the Rat Pack’s residence at the famous Las Vegas Sands Casino.
Tickets are £15, concessions, £14 and £1.50 discount for groups of 10 plus.
The excitement continues tomorrow evening when the team welcomes back DJ Paul Allen for Disco Inferno - a 70s and 80s evening of dance gems, but be quick, tickets are selling fast.
There’s a complete contrast on Sunday afternoon when Ken Livingstone drops in on Beccles for An Audience with, to hear the one time leader of the Greater London Council, Labour MP and Mayor of London talk about his 40-year career in politics.
Tickets are £18 and concessions, £17.
Visit www.becclespublichall.com or call 01502 770060 for tickets.