Pink Floyd tribute show to rock at Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Archant
A tribute act covering all eras of an iconic band will be performing at Beccles Public Hall on Saturday, June 18, at 7.45pm.
The Pure Floyd Show who cover the original Floyd has a strong regional following with most members residing in Norfolk and Suffolk.
The band covers all eras of Pink Floyd’s music, ranging from psychedelic 60s numbers to the recently released Endless River tracks.
Andy ‘Archie’ Rodwell, spokesman for the band said: “This will be our first gig in Beccles. The Public Hall has a lot of character and we’re all looking forward to it very much. We have a lot of friends and followers in this area and hope to see old faces as well as new ones on the night.
“The band and crew has a real family feel, containing a brother and sister, husband and wife, father and daughter, and father and son.
You may also want to watch:
“This makes us feel very much closer than simply being band mates. One of the highlights of this summer will be headlining on main stage on the opening night of The Cambridge Rock Festival.”
Tickets are £14 for the gig style evening.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 9 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
The Rat Pack Swing Show takes place at the Public Hall this evening at 7.30pm with swing singers, Paul and Stephen Amer, who will be joined by a live band and singer, Ellie Darnell.
They will perform hit after hit of swing classics made famous by the Rat Pack’s residence at the famous Las Vegas Sands Casino.
Tickets are £15, concessions, £14 and £1.50 discount for groups of 10 plus.
The excitement continues tomorrow evening when the team welcomes back DJ Paul Allen for Disco Inferno - a 70s and 80s evening of dance gems, but be quick, tickets are selling fast.
There’s a complete contrast on Sunday afternoon when Ken Livingstone drops in on Beccles for An Audience with, to hear the one time leader of the Greater London Council, Labour MP and Mayor of London talk about his 40-year career in politics.
Tickets are £18 and concessions, £17.
Visit www.becclespublichall.com or call 01502 770060 for tickets.