Plenty to enjoy at Bungay’s Fisher Theatre
THERE is plenty of variety at the Fisher Theatre Bungay in the coming week – from adult comedy to classical music.
Pianist Nathan Williamson, right, will be giving the latest in the series of lunch-time concerts on Wednesday, at 1.15pm. The BBC Young Musician of the Year finalist in 1998 has established a reputation as one of the UK’s most versatile young composers and pianists.
He will present a recital of works of some of the great composers, including Mozart’s playful variation on Ah, Je Vous Dirai-Je Maman, Bach Fantasias, Schubert Impromptus and Brahms’ Rhapsodies. Tickets are �6.
Wednesday evening sees Nathan Carter in concert. He is the brightest young singing star to come out of Ireland for many years, and has just released his new single, Face on the Cutting Room Floor, which follows his recent Games People Play, which received huge airplay on radio throughout the UK and Ireland. The concert is at 7.30pm and tickets are �13.50.
Next Thursday is St Patrick’s Day, so the Irish theme continues with The Onion Band, back by popular demand to help celebrate the day with all the Irish classics in a unique style. It promises to be a great night of entertainment, starting at 8pm with tickets �8, including Irish stew.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight and tomorrow evening’s Upshoot presents Ben Elton’s adult comedy Popcorn at the Fisher, at 7.30pm, see below. Tickets are �8 (�6 concessions).
Tickets for all events at the Fisher are available through the box office on 01986 897130, or via the website: www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital