Prepare to get All Shook Up with Elvis show
- Credit: Archant
The work of one of the of the biggest cultural icons of the 20th century is celebrated as The Elvis Years returns to the marina Theatre in Lowestoft.
To mark 80 years since the birth of the true King of rock and roll, The Elvis Years has extended its tour of the highly-acclaimed concert version of West End musical Jailhouse Rock with the nationwide tour returning to the Marina Theatre for performances tonight and Saturday at 7.30pm.
With authentic costumes and rare film footage, The Elvis Years is set to feature more than 50 of the King’s greatest hits.
VE Day celebrations are continuing on Sunday as the Astor Big Band perform music from the war-time years at the Marina.
Performed by a full 17 piece Big Band and four singers, the evening will feature memorable songs including the timeless We’ll Meet Again and I’ll Be Seeing You, numbers which shot Dame Vera Lynn to fame. The event starts at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Marina Big Screen marks the anniversary with two films - Woman In Gold starring Helen Mirren running from May 18 and A Royal Night Out which runs from June 7. Academy Award winner Helen Mirren stars in the story of Maria Altmann, a Jewish refugee who is forced to flee Vienna during the Second World War.
Tickets are available by calling 01502 533200 or online at www.marinatheatre.co.uk
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 4 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost