Pub going all out for St George
THURTON and the George and Dragon are again going to town with their St George's Day celebrations.Thurton Church will be holding special events next Friday and Saturday at the pub to celebrate England's national day.
THURTON and the George and Dragon are again going to town with their St George's Day celebrations.
Thurton Church will be holding special events next Friday and Saturday at the pub to celebrate England's national day.
Next Friday, from 9-11am, there will be breakfast available in the pub, and there will be baps to take away.
At 10am there will be a car boot sale in the car park, and from noon-2.30pm lunch will be available as usual.
You may also want to watch:
From 5-9pm a special menu will be served, and at 8pm the pub will host a family quiz, which will cost �1 to enter per person. The raffle, for which tickets will be on sale all day, will be drawn after the quiz. The raffle and quiz will raise money for St Ethelbert's Church.
On the Saturday from noon-3pm there will lunch as normal, and at 3pm afternoon tea will be available, which will include homemade cakes, scones, tea and coffee.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
From 4pm onwards there will be a family barbecue, weather permitting, and from 6-9.30pm an evening menu will be available.