Ralph Fiennes to help launch Booker Prize winner’s latest novel
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
One of film’s most revered actors will take part in the launch of the latest novel from an award-winning author.
Ralph Fiennes, known to millions as Voldermort in the Harry Potter film series, will be at The Cut in Halesworth next month to read extracts from ‘Warlight’ by Michael Ondaatje.
The pair met when Fiennes starred in the screen version of Ondaatje’s novel, ‘The English Patient’, and will come together once again for the evening on June 12.
It marks a return to Suffolk for Fiennes, who spent much of his childhood in the county, while the novel itself is partly set in the nearby area of The Saints.
Warlight, which is narrated by 14-year-old Nathaniel in a Second World War setting, is Booker Prize winner Ondaatje’s first novel for seven years and his only novel to be set entirely in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The author will be discussing his work with Suffolk poet and novelist Blake Morrison at the launch from 7.30pm.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 9 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached