Ralph Fiennes to help launch Booker Prize winner’s latest novel
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
One of film’s most revered actors will take part in the launch of the latest novel from an award-winning author.
Ralph Fiennes, known to millions as Voldermort in the Harry Potter film series, will be at The Cut in Halesworth next month to read extracts from ‘Warlight’ by Michael Ondaatje.
The pair met when Fiennes starred in the screen version of Ondaatje’s novel, ‘The English Patient’, and will come together once again for the evening on June 12.
It marks a return to Suffolk for Fiennes, who spent much of his childhood in the county, while the novel itself is partly set in the nearby area of The Saints.
Warlight, which is narrated by 14-year-old Nathaniel in a Second World War setting, is Booker Prize winner Ondaatje’s first novel for seven years and his only novel to be set entirely in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The author will be discussing his work with Suffolk poet and novelist Blake Morrison at the launch from 7.30pm.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney