Review: Bungay’s musical night with Ellie Foulger and friends
- Credit: Archant
On a sticky Saturday night during the heatwave, St Mary’s Church in Bungay was a cool setting for an evening of songs, taken from shows old and new, presented by a group of enthusiastic and talented teenagers.
All students at local schools or colleges, they were Billie Bedford, Sophie Chapman, Darryl Crusoe, Alex Davies, Ollie Derham and Jessie Stewart who contributed to a most enjoyable musical experience led by Bungay girl Ellie Foulger.
Ellie had put together a programme to include pieces which she has long wanted to perform and with help from her friends gave the audience a night to remember. In the past Ellie has performed as a soloist with Bungay Choral Society and was an original member of the Cantaria Youth Choir as well as appearing in musicals at the Fisher Theatre, so she is well known and loved in the town.
The group had been rehearsed and were accompanied throughout by Jason Collins and their accomplishment and confidence was in no small part due to his expertise in getting the best musically out of performers. The pieces varied from well-loved favourites from older shows to modern pieces, and were presented as solos, duets or choral songs according to their needs.
The pleasure that the singers took from their performance was equalled by that of the audience who gave a standing ovation to show their final appreciation of a wonderful evening. In all, twenty three contrasting pieces were presented, plus an encore, and there is no doubt that Ellie and her friends may go far in the world of musical entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
They will be remembered for this performance and those who were privileged to hear them this time, may see those same names in lights in the future.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers