Review: The Mousetrap - Marina Theatre, Lowestoft
- Credit: Liza Maria Dawson
I have never seen as many shady characters assembled on one stage as the cast of Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap.
The Mousetrap tells the tale of a charming country guesthouse, Monkswell Manor, its guests and its equally charming owners. A highly suspicious bunch. There’s already been one murder in London, and someone at the hotel is next.
Throughout the performance I suspected each and every one of them, and who can blame me?
Between Mr Paravicini and his makeup, Giles Ralston and his lack of alibi and Miss Casewell and her moody, yet philosophical quotes about the past, frankly I thought they were all guilty as sin.
A second murder takes place, and then the hunt is really on for Seargeant Trotter to find the killer before they claim a third life.
It was funny in parts and scary in parts, but always deeply entertaining, there’s a reason it’s the longest running play in the history of theatre.
And as for that shock ending... I’m afraid I’ve been sworn to secrecy. You’ll have to see it and find out for yourself. POLLY GRICE
- 1 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 2 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 3 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 4 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 5 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
- 6 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 7 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 10 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
The Moustrap runs at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft, until tomorrow. Performances will run at 7.30pm tonight and tomorrow, with a matinee at 2.30pm tomorrow afternoon. Tickets range from £20.50 to £26.50 available from the box office on 01502 533200, or at www.marinatheatre.co.uk