Rising Stars return to the stage with action-packed musical
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are now on sale for Rising Stars’ forthcoming production of Bugsy Malone.
The cast of nine to 19 year olds are busy putting the finishing touches to this action-packed musical which will be staged nightly at 7.30pm at Beccles Public Hall from Thursday, March 17, to Saturday, March 19.
Based on the famous 1976 film starring Jodie Foster and Scott Baio, Bugsy Malone is set in 1929 where gangster warfare has broken out in New York. Dandy Dan’s hoodlums terrorise the district, exterminating undesirables with their splurge guns. Their rival is Fat Sam Stacetto who runs the Grand Slam Speakeasy. Sam seeks the help of Bugsy Malone, a smooth city slicker who has been rather too occupied in sweet-talking Blousey Brown, an aspiring singer. There may be splurge guns and custard pies going everywhere, but this show is good clean fun with some really catchy songs.
Rising Stars is the youth section of Waveney Light Opera Group and although the cast are all of school age, they pride themselves on the high quality and professionalism of their performances.
The group’s 2014 production of Les Misérables won Best Youth Production and the prestigious Best Overall Production at last year’s annual NODA (the National Operatic and Dramatic Association) award ceremony. The group have also just heard that their 2015 production of Back to the 80s has been shortlisted for the same two awards at this year’s ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for Bugsy Malone are priced at £10 for adults and £7.50 for under 18s and can be purchased by visiting the Beccles Public Hall box office or by calling 01502 770060. The box office is open Monday to Saturday, from 10am to 3pm. Tickets can be also purchased online from https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/becclespublichall.
For further details about the group visit www.WLOGRisingStars.co.uk or email Youth@WLOG.org.uk.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash