Rumburgh Morris Dancers celebrate decade in the sun
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A team of Morris dancers are set to mark 10 years together with a day of celebrations.
Rumburgh Morris Dancers will be performing at various locations around Bungay on Saturday, April 28, to mark the special anniversary.
They will be joined by nine other Morris sides on the day and will even be accompanied by the Bungay town crier.
Dancing will take place from 11am to 4pm.
Celebrations will continue at Rumburgh and St Michael Village Hall from 7.30pm onwards.
You may also want to watch:
A licensed bar will be serving beer brewed especially for the occasion while The Keel Band provide a soundtrack sure to get everyone dancing.
A club spokesman said: “Following our celebration we will be up early on May Day to dance at dawn on Broome Common, as is the tradition to welcome the summer sun.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 6 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 7 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 8 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 9 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
“We will then perform weekly throughout the summer until the autumn.”