Saints and sinners come to town
- Credit: Archant
An exciting performance by the Merry Opera Company is coming to St Michael’s Church in Beccles, on Saturday, December 5 at 7.30pm.
The concert will include Handel’s Messiah, Mendelssohn’s Elijah, the Requiems of Mozart and Faure and favourite hymns.
There will also be wicked words from Bizet’s Carmen, Mozart’s Don Giovanni and Lehar’s Merry Widow; and mischievous moments from Paddin’ Madeleine, the Bar on the Piccola Marina and Lip to Lip.
It is a mix of music that celebrates the whys and wherefores of the human condition with four splendid voices and a piano.
The Merry Opera Company, a registered charity, is a professional touring company that has visited 69 different towns and villages across the UK since 2007.
You may also want to watch:
The company is well known in this region for their remarkable, memorable performances of Handel’s Messiah.
Tickets are £10 for adults or £6 for under 16s and are available from Beccles Public Hall on 01502 770060 or www.becclespublichall.com and at the door of St Michael’s on the night of the performance.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
There will be a bar serving wine and soft drinks.