Saucy comedy and the life of an actress on stage in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
A saucy comedy, and a look at the life of Hollywood star Angela Lansbury are both on offer at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay this weekend.
Tonight the Purple Dreams Theatre Company presents Love Games, a saucy comedy offering plenty of love, lust, laughter and lies. The production kicks off Purple Dreams’ latest stage tour. The play begins with Isaac catching a bus and falling for kind-hearted fellow passenger Sophie, setting off love games that also involve rival suitor Chris and feisty Zoe.
It is for one night only at 7.30pm, with tickets £10.
Then tomorrow, at 7.30pm, cabaret star Fiona-Jane Weston explores the life of actress Angela Lansbury, star of stage and screen, who has had a glittering career from the time she became a cabaret star at the age of 17. She has been an Oscar nominee three times, and was signed by MGM studios at the age of 20. Fiona-Jane looks at her life through songs and words, and tries to understand the events and influences from the past which have shaped the celebrated actress we all love today. Tickets are £14, or £12 for concessions.
On Monday evening the film is The Boy Next Door, in which a recently cheated on married woman falls for a younger man who has moved in next door. The torrid affair soon takes a dangerous turn.
You may also want to watch:
Globe on Screen, on Wednesday evening, features the Shakespeare classic, Comedy of Errors. When two brothers with the same name are thrown into a city with a reputation for sorcery, chaos ensues. Tickets are £12.
Tickets for all events at the theatre can be booked through www.fishertheatre.org or the box office on 01986 897130.
- 1 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 2 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 3 Town's post office to close within a month
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 10 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients