Saucy comedy and the life of an actress on stage in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
A saucy comedy, and a look at the life of Hollywood star Angela Lansbury are both on offer at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay this weekend.
Tonight the Purple Dreams Theatre Company presents Love Games, a saucy comedy offering plenty of love, lust, laughter and lies. The production kicks off Purple Dreams’ latest stage tour. The play begins with Isaac catching a bus and falling for kind-hearted fellow passenger Sophie, setting off love games that also involve rival suitor Chris and feisty Zoe.
It is for one night only at 7.30pm, with tickets £10.
Then tomorrow, at 7.30pm, cabaret star Fiona-Jane Weston explores the life of actress Angela Lansbury, star of stage and screen, who has had a glittering career from the time she became a cabaret star at the age of 17. She has been an Oscar nominee three times, and was signed by MGM studios at the age of 20. Fiona-Jane looks at her life through songs and words, and tries to understand the events and influences from the past which have shaped the celebrated actress we all love today. Tickets are £14, or £12 for concessions.
On Monday evening the film is The Boy Next Door, in which a recently cheated on married woman falls for a younger man who has moved in next door. The torrid affair soon takes a dangerous turn.
You may also want to watch:
Globe on Screen, on Wednesday evening, features the Shakespeare classic, Comedy of Errors. When two brothers with the same name are thrown into a city with a reputation for sorcery, chaos ensues. Tickets are £12.
Tickets for all events at the theatre can be booked through www.fishertheatre.org or the box office on 01986 897130.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 6 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 7 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 8 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers