Smash hit musical Footloose heads to Marina Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Gareth Gates and Maureen Nolan will be heading to the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft this month to star in the smash hit musical Footloose.
Based on the 1984 screen sensation starring Kevin Bacon, Footloose: The Musical tells the story of city boy Ren, who has to move to a rural backwater in America where dancing is banned. All hell breaks out as Ren breaks loose and soon has the whole town up on its feet.
Featuring classic 80s hits including Holding Out for a Hero, Almost Paradise, Let’s Hear it for the Boy and the unforgettable title track, Footloose: The Musical is set to take the world by storm once again in this brand new production, bursting with youthful spirit, dazzling dance and electrifying music.
The UK tour starring Gates as Willard and Nolan as Vi Moore, will be on stage at the Marina Theatre from Monday, February 22 to Saturday, February 27.
Gates rose to fame through the inaugural series of Pop Idol in 2001, going on to sell over five million records worldwide and have hits across the globe. His version of Unchained Melody sold over a million copies in the UK and is the third best-selling single of the noughties. More recently he has enjoyed a successful career on stage, with credits including Les Misérables, Legally Blonde and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.
Nolan has been singing with her sisters since she was nine-years-old, when they became one of Europe’s first girl bands, The Nolans.
Best known for their smash hit single I’m in the Mood for Dancing, The Nolans enjoyed phenomenal record sales worldwide, and worked with some of the world’s most respected artists including Frank Sinatra. On stage, Maureen has played Mrs Johnstone in Blood Brothers in the West End and on tour to critical acclaim. She was the fourth Nolan sister to play the role, earning them entry into the Guinness Book of World Records.
- 1 Organisers hail success as 'great' hospital fete makes welcome return
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 4 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 5 Man freed from vehicle and taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Obituary: 'Bobby-on-the-beat' who was quick on his feet dies aged 86
- 7 Supermarket bids for earlier opening time 'to serve community for longer'
- 8 Flog It! star officially opens school's specialist centre
- 9 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 10 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
Luke Baker will play Ren McCormack, the role immortalised on screen by Kevin Bacon, and is about to finish playing Theo in Green Day’s American Idiot in the West End.
The cast also features Hannah Price as Ariel Moore, Nigel Lister as Reverend Shaw Moore, Nicky Swift as Ethel McCormack, Joanna Sawyer as Rusty, Matthew Tomlinson as Chuck, Natasha Brown as Wendy-Jo, Miracle Chance as Urleen, Thomas Cotran as Jeter and Scott Haining as Bickie.
Performances will start at 7.30pm Monday to Saturday, with matinee showings at 2.30pm on Wednesday and Saturday.
Tickets, priced from £25.50 to £32.50, are available online at www.marinatheatre.co.uk or call the box office on 01502 533200.