Sooty and friends on stage at Marina
- Credit: Archant
They are much-loved glove puppets who have entertained children of all ages throughout the years.
And now, Sooty, Sweep and Soo will be starring in a show at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft on Monday, April 4 and Tuesday, April 5.
Sooty and his friends will feature in ‘The Wizard of Oz’ – alongside Richard Cadell – from CITV’s The Sooty Show.
The squeaking puppets will be sure to entertain theatre-goers as the pantomime also includes a supporting cast, spectacular scenery, costumes, live band, dazzling dance routines and some great songs.
Joining Sooty and Richard on their adventure is rising star Leah Murphy as homesick heroine Dorothy, Sean Rollo Rollason as the Tin Man in search of a heart, and Neil Hurst as the cowardly Lion.
You may also want to watch:
There will even be the chance for visitors to meet Sooty and his friends after the show.
Sooty, a small yellow bear with black ears and nose, was originally devised by Harry Corbett in 1948.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 10 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
He is mute to the audience but can communicate with his operator by apparently whispering in his ear.
Sooty’s TV presenter, Richard Cadell, said: “Sooty, being a brilliant magician, is very excited about meeting the great Wizard himself and Sweep has borrowed Sooty’s water pistol to squirt the Wicked Witch.”
The shows take place at 6pm on April 4 and at 2pm and 6pm on April 5.
Tickets cost £16.50 for adults or £14.50 for children and concessions. To book call 01502 533200 or visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk to book.