Sooty and friends on stage at Marina
- Credit: Archant
They are much-loved glove puppets who have entertained children of all ages throughout the years.
And now, Sooty, Sweep and Soo will be starring in a show at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft on Monday, April 4 and Tuesday, April 5.
Sooty and his friends will feature in ‘The Wizard of Oz’ – alongside Richard Cadell – from CITV’s The Sooty Show.
The squeaking puppets will be sure to entertain theatre-goers as the pantomime also includes a supporting cast, spectacular scenery, costumes, live band, dazzling dance routines and some great songs.
Joining Sooty and Richard on their adventure is rising star Leah Murphy as homesick heroine Dorothy, Sean Rollo Rollason as the Tin Man in search of a heart, and Neil Hurst as the cowardly Lion.
You may also want to watch:
There will even be the chance for visitors to meet Sooty and his friends after the show.
Sooty, a small yellow bear with black ears and nose, was originally devised by Harry Corbett in 1948.
- 1 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 2 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 3 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 Assurances over £3m Station Yard project in Southwold
- 6 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Former prisoner of war nurse celebrated for her service
- 9 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 10 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
He is mute to the audience but can communicate with his operator by apparently whispering in his ear.
Sooty’s TV presenter, Richard Cadell, said: “Sooty, being a brilliant magician, is very excited about meeting the great Wizard himself and Sweep has borrowed Sooty’s water pistol to squirt the Wicked Witch.”
The shows take place at 6pm on April 4 and at 2pm and 6pm on April 5.
Tickets cost £16.50 for adults or £14.50 for children and concessions. To book call 01502 533200 or visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk to book.