Soul music nights and films heading to Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Archant
Soul DJs Garry Emms and Steve Kay and guest DJ Rob Gibb will be at Beccles Public Hall for a Move on Up Soul Night on Saturday, April 1 from 8pm until midnight.
It is the first of three such events at the hall and organisers are saying they will be nights of great music and dancing.
James Aggett, general manager at the hall, said: “Beccles Public Hall is pleased to announce the dates for this year for our popular Move On Up Soul Nights.
“The first one is on Saturday, April 1, then Saturday, July 22 and finally Saturday, September 16 hosted by DJs Garry Emms, presenter Pure Rhythm Radio, and Steve Kay, DJ and East Anglian promoter, plus guests.
“There is a special treat on the September date in the form of Heavy Sol, a much admired mod band playing the sounds of The Small Faces, Who, etc.
You may also want to watch:
“Each will be an evening of Northern Soul and Tamla Motown classics and more on vinyl.
“Move On Up Soul Nights at Beccles Public Hall have become very popular indeed so buy your tickets ASAP to be assured of a great night out in Beccles.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 More than 100 people volunteer for health centre's 'amazing' vaccine rollout
- 8 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
“Garry first played the soul sounds at the age of 15 in youth clubs at Ipswich, having access to the imported records from the American bases nearby and has been collecting and playing since, apart from a few years break to pursue business interest.
“Steve has been playing music and promoting since 1979, so come along and enjoy the great music, have a drink and have a dance in great surroundings with a great bar, personnel and dance floor.”
Tickets are £7 for the Move On Up Soul Night on Saturday, April 1.
They are available from the Box Office, open Monday to Saturday 10am to 3pm, or by ringing 01502 770060 or by visiting www.becclespublichall.com
On Thursday, March 30 Film @ the Hall offerings will see Akenfield shown in the afternoon and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert in the evening.
Doors will open at 1.30pm for a 2pm matinee screening. The film is rated 12A.
Then in the evening, the Oscar-winning The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, rated 15, will be shown at 7.30pm, with doors opening at 7pm.
Tickets for both films are £5 or £4 for concessions.
New programmes of events happening at the venue are available to pick up from the hall.