Spanish evening at The Cut
A SPECIAL evening celebrating the food, drink and culture of Spain is being held in Halesworth.Next Saturday at The Cut flamenco guitarist Steve Homes will lead an evening of dancing that will include paella and tapas.
A SPECIAL evening celebrating the food, drink and culture of Spain is being held in Halesworth.
Next Saturday at The Cut flamenco guitarist Steve Homes will lead an evening of dancing that will include paella and tapas.
Mr Homes is widely regarded as the best and most original flamenco guitarist in the UK.
He has performed at prestigious venues such as The Royal Festival Hall, The Barbican, The National Theatre, The Commonwealth Institute, and Glastonbury Festival.
You may also want to watch:
He can also boast many television and radio appearances.
Mr Homes began playing at the age of ten, giving his first performance aged fourteen. He taught himself from recordings of Sabicas and later Paco de Lucia, applying their exacting standards to his own music.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
His playing is rich with original ideas, his technique freeing him to play with great expression and rhythmic clarity. His compositions are derived from the traditional forms of flamenco but they use elements from many other kinds of music.
He has produced several recordings of his work, the most recent being The Silk Road.
The evening starts at 7.30pm
Tickets cost �16, including tapas and paella, available from www.newcut.org.