Spanish evening at The Cut
A SPECIAL evening celebrating the food, drink and culture of Spain is being held in Halesworth.Next Saturday at The Cut flamenco guitarist Steve Homes will lead an evening of dancing that will include paella and tapas.
A SPECIAL evening celebrating the food, drink and culture of Spain is being held in Halesworth.
Next Saturday at The Cut flamenco guitarist Steve Homes will lead an evening of dancing that will include paella and tapas.
Mr Homes is widely regarded as the best and most original flamenco guitarist in the UK.
He has performed at prestigious venues such as The Royal Festival Hall, The Barbican, The National Theatre, The Commonwealth Institute, and Glastonbury Festival.
You may also want to watch:
He can also boast many television and radio appearances.
Mr Homes began playing at the age of ten, giving his first performance aged fourteen. He taught himself from recordings of Sabicas and later Paco de Lucia, applying their exacting standards to his own music.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
His playing is rich with original ideas, his technique freeing him to play with great expression and rhythmic clarity. His compositions are derived from the traditional forms of flamenco but they use elements from many other kinds of music.
He has produced several recordings of his work, the most recent being The Silk Road.
The evening starts at 7.30pm
Tickets cost �16, including tapas and paella, available from www.newcut.org.