Spanish evening at The Cut
A SPECIAL evening celebrating the food, drink and culture of Spain is being held in Halesworth.Next Saturday at The Cut flamenco guitarist Steve Homes will lead an evening of dancing that will include paella and tapas.
A SPECIAL evening celebrating the food, drink and culture of Spain is being held in Halesworth.
Next Saturday at The Cut flamenco guitarist Steve Homes will lead an evening of dancing that will include paella and tapas.
Mr Homes is widely regarded as the best and most original flamenco guitarist in the UK.
He has performed at prestigious venues such as The Royal Festival Hall, The Barbican, The National Theatre, The Commonwealth Institute, and Glastonbury Festival.
You may also want to watch:
He can also boast many television and radio appearances.
Mr Homes began playing at the age of ten, giving his first performance aged fourteen. He taught himself from recordings of Sabicas and later Paco de Lucia, applying their exacting standards to his own music.
- 1 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 2 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 6 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 7 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 8 'No people, no money': Alpaca farmer tells of latest struggles
- 9 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 10 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
His playing is rich with original ideas, his technique freeing him to play with great expression and rhythmic clarity. His compositions are derived from the traditional forms of flamenco but they use elements from many other kinds of music.
He has produced several recordings of his work, the most recent being The Silk Road.
The evening starts at 7.30pm
Tickets cost �16, including tapas and paella, available from www.newcut.org.