Spanish evening at The Cut
A SPECIAL evening celebrating the food, drink and culture of Spain is being held in Halesworth.Next Saturday at The Cut flamenco guitarist Steve Homes will lead an evening of dancing that will include paella and tapas.
A SPECIAL evening celebrating the food, drink and culture of Spain is being held in Halesworth.
Next Saturday at The Cut flamenco guitarist Steve Homes will lead an evening of dancing that will include paella and tapas.
Mr Homes is widely regarded as the best and most original flamenco guitarist in the UK.
He has performed at prestigious venues such as The Royal Festival Hall, The Barbican, The National Theatre, The Commonwealth Institute, and Glastonbury Festival.
He can also boast many television and radio appearances.
Mr Homes began playing at the age of ten, giving his first performance aged fourteen. He taught himself from recordings of Sabicas and later Paco de Lucia, applying their exacting standards to his own music.
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 6 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 7 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 8 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 9 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 10 MP calls for investment for east coast rail lines
His playing is rich with original ideas, his technique freeing him to play with great expression and rhythmic clarity. His compositions are derived from the traditional forms of flamenco but they use elements from many other kinds of music.
He has produced several recordings of his work, the most recent being The Silk Road.
The evening starts at 7.30pm
Tickets cost �16, including tapas and paella, available from www.newcut.org.