Special anniversary concert for band
THE Wrentham Band is celebrating 90 years of music with a special concert in Beccles next weekend.They will be playing at Hungate Methodist Church on next Saturday, October 17 at 7.
THE Wrentham Band is celebrating 90 years of music with a special concert in Beccles next weekend.
They will be playing at Hungate Methodist Church on next Saturday, October 17 at 7.30pm with proceeds going to the St Benet's School for Peace.
Musical Director, Ian Bauers is involved with helping to fundraise for a school in the Congo.
The St. Benet's School for Peace is in the village of Chamalale near the large mining city of Lubumbashi in southern Congo.
It is twinned with St Benet's Primary School in Beccles.
Because of the devastating wars in Congo costing the lives of more than four million people, there has been a massive migration of refugees fleeing the war zones. Being one of the safer regions, thousands of people have ended up in this area.
- 1 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 2 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 8 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 9 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
- 10 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
Until 2005, this village had no school and it has now grown in size thanks to monies raised in and around the Beccles area.
As well as funding the building, money is raised to buy equipment and to help children whose parents cannot afford the school fees and expenses.
A quartet of bassoon players will also be taking part in the concert.
Tickets are available from Saxon or Quayside Conservatives in Beccles.