Special anniversary concert for band
THE Wrentham Band is celebrating 90 years of music with a special concert in Beccles next weekend.They will be playing at Hungate Methodist Church on next Saturday, October 17 at 7.
THE Wrentham Band is celebrating 90 years of music with a special concert in Beccles next weekend.
They will be playing at Hungate Methodist Church on next Saturday, October 17 at 7.30pm with proceeds going to the St Benet's School for Peace.
Musical Director, Ian Bauers is involved with helping to fundraise for a school in the Congo.
The St. Benet's School for Peace is in the village of Chamalale near the large mining city of Lubumbashi in southern Congo.
You may also want to watch:
It is twinned with St Benet's Primary School in Beccles.
Because of the devastating wars in Congo costing the lives of more than four million people, there has been a massive migration of refugees fleeing the war zones. Being one of the safer regions, thousands of people have ended up in this area.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 4 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
Until 2005, this village had no school and it has now grown in size thanks to monies raised in and around the Beccles area.
As well as funding the building, money is raised to buy equipment and to help children whose parents cannot afford the school fees and expenses.
A quartet of bassoon players will also be taking part in the concert.
Tickets are available from Saxon or Quayside Conservatives in Beccles.