Church’s lunchtime concert summer series returns with stellar line up
- Credit: Archant
A summer series of free lunch time concerts will soon be returning to Beccles.
The concerts, which are staged at St Michael’s Church in the heart of the town, will take place each Friday from July 13 until August 17.
The series acts as a fundraiser for the historic church and provides the perfect setting for a lunchtime treat.
An organiser said: “Bring your own lunch or if you want to eat out you can buy freshly prepared sandwiches, homemade cakes, tea and coffee at the church.”
First up on July 13 will be an organ recital from Jonathan Palman, while the Beccles Ukulele Band will be wowing crowds with their eclectic repertoire the following week.
On July 20 Norwich Cathedral organist David Pice will provide the second organ recital of the series.
Lute players Hexachordia will be appearing on August 3 followed by St Michale’s Church choir the on August 10.
- 1 Hidden aspects of Beccles uncovered in new book
- 2 Call for flat roof owners to help fight gull problem
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 5 MP reiterates call for PM to quit after 'inevitable' resignations
- 6 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 7 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 8 Free hearing aids for teddy bears in Norwich this weekend
- 9 Youth theatre group set to stage The Little Shop of Horrors
- 10 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
Local baritone Matt Smith will bring the series to a close om August singing a selection of classical and pop songs.
All concerts begin at 12.30pm.