Church’s lunchtime concert summer series returns with stellar line up
- Credit: Archant
A summer series of free lunch time concerts will soon be returning to Beccles.
The concerts, which are staged at St Michael’s Church in the heart of the town, will take place each Friday from July 13 until August 17.
The series acts as a fundraiser for the historic church and provides the perfect setting for a lunchtime treat.
An organiser said: “Bring your own lunch or if you want to eat out you can buy freshly prepared sandwiches, homemade cakes, tea and coffee at the church.”
First up on July 13 will be an organ recital from Jonathan Palman, while the Beccles Ukulele Band will be wowing crowds with their eclectic repertoire the following week.
You may also want to watch:
On July 20 Norwich Cathedral organist David Pice will provide the second organ recital of the series.
Lute players Hexachordia will be appearing on August 3 followed by St Michale’s Church choir the on August 10.
- 1 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 2 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 3 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 4 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
Local baritone Matt Smith will bring the series to a close om August singing a selection of classical and pop songs.
All concerts begin at 12.30pm.