Stage is all set for a classic musical hit
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are selling fast for Waveney Light Opera Group’s autumn production of the classic musical, “Singin’ in the Rain”, which will be performed at Beccles Public Hall later this month.
WLOG’s award-winning technical team has been hard at work weatherproofing the stage just in case there is some unexpected precipitation during the show.
The musical, Singin’ in the Rain, is based on the 1952 film which featured Gene Kelly, Donald O’Connor and Debbie Reynolds.
It contains great songs such as ‘Good Morning’, ‘Make ‘em Laugh’ and of course, ‘Singin in the Rain’.
Set in 1927, the musical tells the tale of the birth of the ‘talkies’ and how Don Lockwood and Lina Lamont, Hollywood’s biggest silent movie stars, deal with the transition.
You may also want to watch:
The new medium means that actors must now have a good voice - sadly, Lina does not!
Step forward a girl from the chorus line with a beautiful voice who has caught Don’s eye, cue lots of intrigue and in-fighting but, as in all classic Broadway musicals, it all ends happily ever after.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
Singin’ in the Rain will be performed at Beccles Public Hall from October 14 to 18 starting 7.30pm.
Tickets are £12.50 (concessions £11.50) and £10 (concessions £9.
• Tonight’s East Anglian theatre company, The Keeper’s Daughter, production of Beauty’s Legacy (or The Modern Frankenstein) has unfortuately been cancelled.
Further events lined up at the Public Hall include a Film ‘ the Hall showing of the popular film Saving Mr Banks (PG) which is on Thursday, October 9, at 2pm.
• Tickets for all events at the Public Hall can be purchased at the Box Office, open Monday to Saturday, 10am to 3pm or online at www.becclespublichall.com