Stars from the 1960s on Public Hall stage
- Credit: Archant
Jess Conrad OBE will be offering a delicious Slice of the 60s on Friday, August 15 at 8pm at Beccles Public Hall.
Supported by talented girl duo, The Sequins, it’s sure to be a really entertaining night.
“Working as Event Coordinator for Beccles Public Hall, life is very much about building up contacts in the entertainment business as well as exploring new event ideas within our committed huddle of friends and contacts in the hall events group,” said Sue Bergin.
“We are fortunate to be good friends with Kenny Cantor who has enjoyed a massive show business career. Kenny approached us to let us know that Jess would be coming over to East Anglia in August to play at Cromer Pier and Gorleston and suggested we contact Jess to see if he would consider performing at Beccles Public Hall.
“What a great idea! Jess is charming and accommodating and only too pleased to help us add a sprinkle of legendary showbiz stardust at the Hall,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 for this great night out.
• Soul Time is back at the Hall tomorrow.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 6 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
Popular local DJ Mark R’n’B Bale returns as Soul Time! featires tracls from Mark’s amazing and wide collection of vinyl. Music is from at 8pm to Midnight (doors open at 7.30pm.)
The Northern Soul scene is making a massive national come-back as many young dancers experience the iconic sound for the first time as well as those who have kept the faith over the years.
“The Public Hall dance floor is a classic oak sprung design which is so fantastic for dancing and particularly good for the soul dancers to glide in true Northern Soul style” said Sue.
Tickets are £6 for an evening of dancing to the evocative and magnetic soul sounds of the 50s and 60s.
For both events, you can buy tickets online at www.becclespublichall.com
Alternatively visit the Beccles Public Hall Box Office, open Monday to Saturday, 10am to 3pm or on the door on the night. Bar open all evening at both events!