Story of rock legend on stage at Public Hall
- Credit: Archant
He was scandalous, outrageous and pure rock ‘n’ roll - and now the incredible Jerry Lee Lewis Story will be coming to Beccles Public Hall.
Starring the sensational Peter Gill, this exhilarating show tells the story of the first wild man of rock.
From his meteoric rise to fame through hits such as Great Balls of Fire and Whole Lotta Shakin to his equally rapid fall from grace when he married his 13 year old cousin, back to his reinstatement as one of music’s biggest names with his triumphal return to the top in the mid 1960s when he performed at The Star Club in Hamburg.
The show, taking place next Friday, June 26 from 7.30pm, features more than 20 of The Killer’s greatest hits, performed with an energy that Jerry himself would have been proud of.
Doors will open at 7pm and tickets cost £13 or £12 for concessions. Tickets are available from the box office open Monday to Saturday, from 10am to 3pm, online at www.becclespublichall.com or by calling 01502 770060.
You may also want to watch:
And don’t forget tonight’s show - An Evening of Music and Song with Beccles Friends in Harmony and Norfolk Fellowship Brass all in aid of East Anglian Children’s Hospices and the Public Hall. Tickets cost £6. Doors open at 6.45pm for a 7.30pm start.
For the full programme of shows at the Public Hall visit www.becclespublichall.com
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more