String quartet to play at exhibition
A STRING quartet who have played for the Pope are to hold a one-night performance at a south Norfolk arts centre.The world class Henschel Quartet will play string quartets by Haydn and Schumann at Loddon Mill on July 18.
A STRING quartet who have played for the Pope are to hold a one-night performance at a south Norfolk arts centre.
The world class Henschel Quartet will play string quartets by Haydn and Schumann at Loddon Mill on July 18.
The quartet have recently completed a tour of the US and China, and a month ago performed for the Pope and a private audience at the Vatican. In May, the New York Times said the quartet were “one of the outstanding German string ensembles of the moment.”
This concert also includes a free preview to a new exhibition by British artist David Dane. His work, Spirit of the Southern Rivers, is a new commission of works based around the Southern Broads. The exhibition runs from July 19 - 31.
You may also want to watch:
Loddon Mill Arts has also launched a website www.loddonmillarts.co.uk to promote the latest events and artists appearing at the venue.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 9 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 10 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas