String quartet to play at exhibition
A STRING quartet who have played for the Pope are to hold a one-night performance at a south Norfolk arts centre.The world class Henschel Quartet will play string quartets by Haydn and Schumann at Loddon Mill on July 18.
A STRING quartet who have played for the Pope are to hold a one-night performance at a south Norfolk arts centre.
The world class Henschel Quartet will play string quartets by Haydn and Schumann at Loddon Mill on July 18.
The quartet have recently completed a tour of the US and China, and a month ago performed for the Pope and a private audience at the Vatican. In May, the New York Times said the quartet were “one of the outstanding German string ensembles of the moment.”
This concert also includes a free preview to a new exhibition by British artist David Dane. His work, Spirit of the Southern Rivers, is a new commission of works based around the Southern Broads. The exhibition runs from July 19 - 31.
You may also want to watch:
Loddon Mill Arts has also launched a website www.loddonmillarts.co.uk to promote the latest events and artists appearing at the venue.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times