String quartet to play at exhibition
A STRING quartet who have played for the Pope are to hold a one-night performance at a south Norfolk arts centre.The world class Henschel Quartet will play string quartets by Haydn and Schumann at Loddon Mill on July 18.
A STRING quartet who have played for the Pope are to hold a one-night performance at a south Norfolk arts centre.
The world class Henschel Quartet will play string quartets by Haydn and Schumann at Loddon Mill on July 18.
The quartet have recently completed a tour of the US and China, and a month ago performed for the Pope and a private audience at the Vatican. In May, the New York Times said the quartet were “one of the outstanding German string ensembles of the moment.”
This concert also includes a free preview to a new exhibition by British artist David Dane. His work, Spirit of the Southern Rivers, is a new commission of works based around the Southern Broads. The exhibition runs from July 19 - 31.
You may also want to watch:
Loddon Mill Arts has also launched a website www.loddonmillarts.co.uk to promote the latest events and artists appearing at the venue.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home