Students mark playwright’s 450th birthday with Midsummer Night’s Dream performance
- Credit: Archant
An original interpretation of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream is to be performed tomorrow in the grounds of Langley School by a collection of international students to mark the playwright’s 450th birthday.
The students, who are aged between 15 and 19, have been busy composing the music, choreographing the dances and devising the scenes for the open-air performance whilst being coached by a team of international performing arts professionals.
The performance will mark the peak of “Langley on Stage”, a drama based summer course organised by Roeland VZW on which students combine their creativities while becoming more proficient in the English language.
The performance, which takes place at Langley School on Saturday, July 26, starts at 8pm.
Tickets are £5 (under 12’s free) and can be reserved by contacting Caroline at Rosy Lees Tea Rooms, Loddon, on 01508 520204 or by emailing email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Drinks and nibbles will be provided.
• Let us know what events are happening.
- 1 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 2 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 5 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 6 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 7 Actor lands New York big break after overcoming father's death
- 8 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 9 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 10 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked
We are always pleased to receive details of forthcoming events in north Suffolk and south Norfolk.
Please write to: Beccles and Bungay Journal, The Guide, 20 Blyburgate, Beccles NR349TB or email firstname.lastname@example.org