Students mark playwright’s 450th birthday with Midsummer Night’s Dream performance
- Credit: Archant
An original interpretation of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream is to be performed tomorrow in the grounds of Langley School by a collection of international students to mark the playwright’s 450th birthday.
The students, who are aged between 15 and 19, have been busy composing the music, choreographing the dances and devising the scenes for the open-air performance whilst being coached by a team of international performing arts professionals.
The performance will mark the peak of “Langley on Stage”, a drama based summer course organised by Roeland VZW on which students combine their creativities while becoming more proficient in the English language.
The performance, which takes place at Langley School on Saturday, July 26, starts at 8pm.
Tickets are £5 (under 12’s free) and can be reserved by contacting Caroline at Rosy Lees Tea Rooms, Loddon, on 01508 520204 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Drinks and nibbles will be provided.
• Let us know what events are happening.
- 1 'A very special weekend' - Bungay set for 'happy and glorious' Jubilee
- 2 Art gallery celebrating local talent to launch at site of former mill
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 5 Popular band preparing to celebrate best of British music in Beccles
- 6 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 7 Suffolk Philharmonic to headline Jubilee events at town theatre
- 8 Suffolk drivers urged to use caution in Quiet Lanes amid growing scheme
- 9 Boost for Beccles Men's Shed with grant funding donation
- 10 Museum ready for 21st century after 'transformation'
We are always pleased to receive details of forthcoming events in north Suffolk and south Norfolk.
Please write to: Beccles and Bungay Journal, The Guide, 20 Blyburgate, Beccles NR349TB or email email@example.com