Students mark playwright’s 450th birthday with Midsummer Night’s Dream performance
- Credit: Archant
An original interpretation of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream is to be performed tomorrow in the grounds of Langley School by a collection of international students to mark the playwright’s 450th birthday.
The students, who are aged between 15 and 19, have been busy composing the music, choreographing the dances and devising the scenes for the open-air performance whilst being coached by a team of international performing arts professionals.
The performance will mark the peak of “Langley on Stage”, a drama based summer course organised by Roeland VZW on which students combine their creativities while becoming more proficient in the English language.
The performance, which takes place at Langley School on Saturday, July 26, starts at 8pm.
Tickets are £5 (under 12’s free) and can be reserved by contacting Caroline at Rosy Lees Tea Rooms, Loddon, on 01508 520204 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Drinks and nibbles will be provided.
• Let us know what events are happening.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 6 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 7 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 8 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 9 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 10 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
We are always pleased to receive details of forthcoming events in north Suffolk and south Norfolk.
Please write to: Beccles and Bungay Journal, The Guide, 20 Blyburgate, Beccles NR349TB or email email@example.com