Students mark playwright’s 450th birthday with Midsummer Night’s Dream performance
- Credit: Archant
An original interpretation of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream is to be performed tomorrow in the grounds of Langley School by a collection of international students to mark the playwright’s 450th birthday.
The students, who are aged between 15 and 19, have been busy composing the music, choreographing the dances and devising the scenes for the open-air performance whilst being coached by a team of international performing arts professionals.
The performance will mark the peak of “Langley on Stage”, a drama based summer course organised by Roeland VZW on which students combine their creativities while becoming more proficient in the English language.
The performance, which takes place at Langley School on Saturday, July 26, starts at 8pm.
Tickets are £5 (under 12’s free) and can be reserved by contacting Caroline at Rosy Lees Tea Rooms, Loddon, on 01508 520204 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Drinks and nibbles will be provided.
• Let us know what events are happening.
- 1 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 4 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
We are always pleased to receive details of forthcoming events in north Suffolk and south Norfolk.
Please write to: Beccles and Bungay Journal, The Guide, 20 Blyburgate, Beccles NR349TB or email email@example.com