Sunday concerts at The Cut in Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
The Halesworth Arts Festival is delighted to present another series of fortnightly concerts on Sundays in February and March, featuring some of this country’s best young musicians.
Tessa Fuchs, who was the inspiration for the series, was passionate about giving up and coming performers the chance to play in our beautiful converted maltings building. The series is now in its fourth year. All concerts are at The Cut Arts Centre in Halesworth and start at 2.30pm.
Full details of each are on the Festival website, www.halesworthartsfestival.org.uk Tickets can be bought on the door or in advance, online, by phone on 01986 874264. There is a series discount.
The concerts begin on Sunday, February 8 with a performance by the Aurora Trio with a prorgamme which includes works by Debussy, Bach and Dubois. The trio have been awarded a prestigious chamber music fellowship at the Royal Academy of Music for 2014/15.
On Sunday, February 22, the Halcyon Quartet, pictured above, will play a programme of works by Mozart, Mendelssohn and Blizz.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday, March 8, sees a peformance from the Atea Wind Quintet followed on Sunday, March 22, with a performance from the Piatti Quartet.
• The 14th annual Halesworth Arts Festival will run from October 10 to 25.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk