Sunday concerts at The Cut in Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
The Halesworth Arts Festival is delighted to present another series of fortnightly concerts on Sundays in February and March, featuring some of this country’s best young musicians.
Tessa Fuchs, who was the inspiration for the series, was passionate about giving up and coming performers the chance to play in our beautiful converted maltings building. The series is now in its fourth year. All concerts are at The Cut Arts Centre in Halesworth and start at 2.30pm.
Full details of each are on the Festival website, www.halesworthartsfestival.org.uk Tickets can be bought on the door or in advance, online, by phone on 01986 874264. There is a series discount.
The concerts begin on Sunday, February 8 with a performance by the Aurora Trio with a prorgamme which includes works by Debussy, Bach and Dubois. The trio have been awarded a prestigious chamber music fellowship at the Royal Academy of Music for 2014/15.
On Sunday, February 22, the Halcyon Quartet, pictured above, will play a programme of works by Mozart, Mendelssohn and Blizz.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday, March 8, sees a peformance from the Atea Wind Quintet followed on Sunday, March 22, with a performance from the Piatti Quartet.
• The 14th annual Halesworth Arts Festival will run from October 10 to 25.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Limit on mourners at funerals to be lifted from May 17