Mozart’s ‘The Marriage of Figaro’ to appear at public hall
- Credit: Archant
A new production of one of Mozart’s most celebrated operas will soon be dazzling audiences in Beccles.
‘The Marriage of Figaro’ is coming to Beccles Public Hall, in Smallgate, on Friday, February 9.
The show is produced by The Merry Opera Company who have updated the setting of the opera to the swinging jazz clubs of the 1960s.
The company have previously found success with performances of ‘The Barber of Seville’ and ‘Kiss Me Figaro’.
A public hall spokesman said: “Life, liberty and the pursuit of love in the jazz clubs of the 1960s is driving everyone crazy.
You may also want to watch:
“Figaro loves Susanna, Cherubino loves the Countess, and the Countess loves the Count.
“However, the Count is intent on chasing Susanna and on preventing Figaro from marrying her.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
Doors open at 7pm and the show will begin at 7.30pm.
Tickets are priced at £10 and are available from the hall box office or by calling 01502 770 060 or visiting www.becclespublichall.org.uk