Mozart’s ‘The Marriage of Figaro’ to appear at public hall
- Credit: Archant
A new production of one of Mozart’s most celebrated operas will soon be dazzling audiences in Beccles.
‘The Marriage of Figaro’ is coming to Beccles Public Hall, in Smallgate, on Friday, February 9.
The show is produced by The Merry Opera Company who have updated the setting of the opera to the swinging jazz clubs of the 1960s.
The company have previously found success with performances of ‘The Barber of Seville’ and ‘Kiss Me Figaro’.
A public hall spokesman said: “Life, liberty and the pursuit of love in the jazz clubs of the 1960s is driving everyone crazy.
You may also want to watch:
“Figaro loves Susanna, Cherubino loves the Countess, and the Countess loves the Count.
“However, the Count is intent on chasing Susanna and on preventing Figaro from marrying her.”
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
Doors open at 7pm and the show will begin at 7.30pm.
Tickets are priced at £10 and are available from the hall box office or by calling 01502 770 060 or visiting www.becclespublichall.org.uk