Mozart’s ‘The Marriage of Figaro’ to appear at public hall
- Credit: Archant
A new production of one of Mozart’s most celebrated operas will soon be dazzling audiences in Beccles.
‘The Marriage of Figaro’ is coming to Beccles Public Hall, in Smallgate, on Friday, February 9.
The show is produced by The Merry Opera Company who have updated the setting of the opera to the swinging jazz clubs of the 1960s.
The company have previously found success with performances of ‘The Barber of Seville’ and ‘Kiss Me Figaro’.
A public hall spokesman said: “Life, liberty and the pursuit of love in the jazz clubs of the 1960s is driving everyone crazy.
“Figaro loves Susanna, Cherubino loves the Countess, and the Countess loves the Count.
“However, the Count is intent on chasing Susanna and on preventing Figaro from marrying her.”
- 1 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 2 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 5 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 6 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 7 Cadets head out for a week at sea
- 8 Inspirational Emma: “I feel very lucky to be alive”
- 9 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 10 Town's popular card shop waves goodbye after five years
Doors open at 7pm and the show will begin at 7.30pm.
Tickets are priced at £10 and are available from the hall box office or by calling 01502 770 060 or visiting www.becclespublichall.org.uk