Theatre groups searches for budding actors
- Credit: Archant
It’s time to get out the splurge guns and custard pies as Rising Stars search for cast members for their forthcoming production of Bugsy Malone.
The group is looking for enthusiastic singers, actors and dancers aged between 8 and 18 to perform on stage, as well as anyone who would like to be involved in the technical aspects of a show, such as set design, costumes, sound and lighting.
Rising Stars will be holding an information evening on Friday September 18 to launch the search for talented young performers, especially boys, to take part in this fun and action-packed show.
Starting at 7pm at the St John Ambulance Hall in Blyburgate, Beccles, it will give all prospective cast members information about the group and how to audition to be in the cast or for a principal role.
Based on the 1976 film which starred a young Jodie Foster, Bugsy Malone is a 1920s slapstick musical comedy.
You may also want to watch:
It follows the rivalry between two half-witted street gangs and a washed up, one-time boxer who steps in to take control of Fat Sam’s gang to give Dandy Dan and his boys what they’ve got coming.
Set in the era of prohibition, the show features famous songs such as Fat Sam’s Grand Slam, I’m Feeling Fine and the catchy final number You Give A Little Love.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 9 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
Bugsy Malone’ is the next fully-staged show in a long line of successful musical productions by Rising Stars, whose previous credits have included the upbeat Back to the ‘80s earlier this year and the double award-winning production of Les Misérables in 2014.
For more information on how to get involved with the group, come along to the information evening or email Youth@WLOG.org.uk