Tickets on sale for Beccles Music Festival
TICKETS are now on sale for the fifth annual Beccles Music and Arts Festival. The festival, which takes place from September 16-25, is 10 days of music, art and spoken word events for all to enjoy, including:
Friday, September 16, 7.30pm - Jacqui Dankworth in concert
Saturday September 17, 10am-4pm – The Beccles Festival Orchestra Play Day
Saturday, September 17, 7.30pm - The London Mozart Players conductor Elgar Howarth
Sunday, September 18, 7.30pm – The Beccles Festival Chorus, Mozart Requiem
Monday, September 19, 7.30pm - Poems in the Pub with Dean Parkin
Tuesday Septemeber 20, 8pm - The Art Deco Hot 5 with Ray Simmons
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Hidden aspects of Beccles uncovered in new book
- 3 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 4 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 Call for flat roof owners to help fight gull problem
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 9 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 10 MP reiterates call for PM to quit after 'inevitable' resignations
Wednesday, September 21, 7.30pm - An evening with Richard Mabey
Thursday, September 22, 7.30pm - Matt Harvey ‘Wondermentalist’ (poetry)
Friday, September 23, 7.30pm - The Brodsky String Quartet
Saturday, September 24, noon - Natalie Beauchamp Violin Recital
Saturday, Septemeber 24, 7.30pm - Chris Dean’s Syd Lawrence Orchestra
Sunday, September 25, 10.30am - Festival Celebration Service with The Wrentham Band
Sunday, Septemeber 25, 7.30pm - The Choir of King’s College, Cambridge
You can also enjoy the ‘Festival Art Trail’ at five different venues around the town including the Celebration of Young Art exhibition in St Michael’s Church.
“It is very exciting to be able to present such a wide variety of great events this year,” said the Rev John Beauchamp, festival director. “With some of the country’s leading classical performers, the very best of British Jazz and leading writers and artists, the festival brings 10 days of outstanding concerts and events into the heart of the Waveney Valley for all to enjoy.
“We are keen to see young people enjoy the festival and this year all under 16s can come to all events free of charge while full-time students are half price.”
For tickets call 01502 716870 or pop into Beccles Travel.