Top folk duo to headline day dedicated to acoustic music
- Credit: Archant
A day of top class acoustic music is to come to Beccles this weekend.
Acoustic Music Day will take place at Canopy Theatre, Hungate Church, Beccles, on Saturday April 28.
It will see contemporary folk/acoustic duo Gilmore & Roberts, who were twice nominated for the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards, headline the day.
Fiddle and mandolin player Katriona Gilmore and guitarist Jamie Roberts, who have toured Canada and mainland Europe and played some of the UK’s biggest acoustic festivals, will also be in attendance.
Their fourth studio album, Conflict Tourism, was released in 2015 and appeared on several end-of-year Best Album lists and received national airplay on both BBC Radio 2 & BBC 6music, with a new studio album due this summer.
You may also want to watch:
Other acts appearing include highly acclaimed folk/Americana duo from Glasgow, Doghouse Roses, and American singer/songwriter Joseph Parsons who has 20 commercially released albums.
Norwich-based folk/Americana trio Alden, Patterson and Dashwood who released fROOTS’ Album of the Year in 2016, Call Me Home, will also be in attendance, as well as husband and wife folk due Penny and Stuart Mack.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 East Suffolk Council selects 2021 chairman
Woodbridge folk and roots duo Honey & the Bear and the Burkitt Family, a four piece family band from the Bawdsey peninsula will also be playing.
Doors open at noon, with the first act on stage at 12.45pm, with tickets covering all seven acts.
Tickets are £20 and are availabe from Beccles Books, 1 Exchange Square, Beccles, or online from Ticketsource.