Top local bands playing at The Fisher
- Credit: Archant © 2010
Norfolk Arts Award nominees Hemingway are performing tonight at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay.
Hemingway have a sound that has heralded comparisons to The National, Suede and The Cure, right back to the organic sounding bucolic earthiness of a freshly conceived U2.
The band return to Bungay for the first time in five years, during which time they have supported Echo and the Bunnymen, Feeder and Ash.
Last week, Hemingway reached the final of the Next Big Thing, which was previously won by Ed Sheeran.
Tonight will feature support from Vegas Fame Index, who will be performing for the final time after seven years together, plus four-piece indie band The Famous Janes and Beccles based singer-songwriter Kate Maguire Buck.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £6 on the door from 7:30pm.
Winner of the prestigious Voice Festival UK 2013 competition, Vive, the six-part vocal group re-defining the a cappella sound, visit the Fisher Theatre in Bungay next Friday, October 24, to perform some of their much-loved pieces from their debut album ‘Vive: Deluxe’, as well as brand new songs and arrangements of classic hits.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
These young and talented musicians, mostly recent graduates from the Guildhall School of Music, have already worked with some of the finest names in jazz and a cappella, including Dame Cleo Lane, the Swingle Singers, and Alec Dankworth.
They also performed a run of sell-out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2013, to huge critical acclaim.
• For details and tickets for all shows at the theatre telephone 01986 897130 or visit www.fishertheatre.org