Top local bands playing at The Fisher
- Credit: Archant © 2010
Norfolk Arts Award nominees Hemingway are performing tonight at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay.
Hemingway have a sound that has heralded comparisons to The National, Suede and The Cure, right back to the organic sounding bucolic earthiness of a freshly conceived U2.
The band return to Bungay for the first time in five years, during which time they have supported Echo and the Bunnymen, Feeder and Ash.
Last week, Hemingway reached the final of the Next Big Thing, which was previously won by Ed Sheeran.
Tonight will feature support from Vegas Fame Index, who will be performing for the final time after seven years together, plus four-piece indie band The Famous Janes and Beccles based singer-songwriter Kate Maguire Buck.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £6 on the door from 7:30pm.
Winner of the prestigious Voice Festival UK 2013 competition, Vive, the six-part vocal group re-defining the a cappella sound, visit the Fisher Theatre in Bungay next Friday, October 24, to perform some of their much-loved pieces from their debut album ‘Vive: Deluxe’, as well as brand new songs and arrangements of classic hits.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
These young and talented musicians, mostly recent graduates from the Guildhall School of Music, have already worked with some of the finest names in jazz and a cappella, including Dame Cleo Lane, the Swingle Singers, and Alec Dankworth.
They also performed a run of sell-out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2013, to huge critical acclaim.
• For details and tickets for all shows at the theatre telephone 01986 897130 or visit www.fishertheatre.org