Top quartet to come to Halesworth
THE Scintillo String Quartet will perform an evening of classical music next weekend celebrating the works of three outstanding composers. The concert will take place on Saturday, September 19 at The Cut, in Halesworth.
THE Scintillo String Quartet will perform an evening of classical music next weekend celebrating the works of three outstanding composers.
The concert will take place on Saturday, September 19 at The Cut, in Halesworth.
Formed in 2006, the Scintillo String Quartet has enjoyed much success, giving recitals and concerts throughout the south-east of England.
Having trained at some of the country's leading educational establishments, including the Royal Northern College of Music, Trinity College of Music and Colchester Institute, the members hold a wealth of musical experience. This includes performing with the Academy of St Martin in the Fields and at the Comedy Store in Leicester Square, London, as well as giving live performances for royalty and on BBC Radio 4.
You may also want to watch:
The programme for the Halesworth concert is Mendelssohn's Quartet in E flat Major, Op 12, Beethoven's Quartet in C Minor, Op18, and Grieg's Quartet in G Minor, Op 27.
Tickets are �8, and �6 for concessions.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 9 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
Reservations can be made by visiting www.newcut.org or calling the box
office on 0845 673 2123. Doors open at 7pm, and the performance will start at 7.30pm.