Tour behind the scenes of a theatre
- Credit: Archant
This Sunday brings a rare opportunity to look behind the scenes in one of the region’s largest theatres as the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft holds a special open day.
Free tours of the theatre will run throughout the day, bringing the opportunity to learn about the venues history, see the dressing rooms, stand on the main stage and hear about how large scale productions are presented. In addition Hopton Ghosthunters have a separate exhibition on their recent investigations at the Marina and you can find out more about the theatre ghosts. Tours run throughout the day starting at 10am and running through until 4pm. Booking for the free tours is recommended and can be done on the day at the box office. Unfortunately not all areas of the tour are fully accessible to those unable to climb stairs and children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Today at 2.30pm and 7.30pm the Marina Big Screen presents comedy, Begin Again (15), a soul-stirring comedy about what happens when two lost souls meet.
The fastest-selling production in the Young Vic’s history, Tennessee Williams’ timeless masterpiece A Streetcar Named Desire will be broadcast live from their London home to Lowestoft on Tuesday at 7pm. Gillian Anderson stars as Blanche DuBois, Ben Foster as Stanley and Vanessa Kirby as Stella.
Comedian Paul Chowdhry appears on the Marina stage on Wednesday at 8pm. Host of Channel 4’s Stand Up For The Week and Star of BBC1’s Live at the Apollo, visits Lowestoft for the first time as part of his latest nationwide tour.
You may also want to watch:
Rounding off a busy week on Thursday at 7.30pm, brings a rare UK appearance by Motown’s ultimate soul diva, Martha Reeves lead singer of Martha Reeves and The Vandellas. During her time with The Vandellas, they have scored over a dozen hit singles, including Nowhere To Run, Dancing In The Street, Heatwave, Third Finger Left Hand and Jimmy Mac.
For more information or to book seats for any Marina concert, movie or show, please call the box office on 01502 533200 or visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 8 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more