Tour behind the scenes of a theatre
- Credit: Archant
This Sunday brings a rare opportunity to look behind the scenes in one of the region’s largest theatres as the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft holds a special open day.
Free tours of the theatre will run throughout the day, bringing the opportunity to learn about the venues history, see the dressing rooms, stand on the main stage and hear about how large scale productions are presented. In addition Hopton Ghosthunters have a separate exhibition on their recent investigations at the Marina and you can find out more about the theatre ghosts. Tours run throughout the day starting at 10am and running through until 4pm. Booking for the free tours is recommended and can be done on the day at the box office. Unfortunately not all areas of the tour are fully accessible to those unable to climb stairs and children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Today at 2.30pm and 7.30pm the Marina Big Screen presents comedy, Begin Again (15), a soul-stirring comedy about what happens when two lost souls meet.
The fastest-selling production in the Young Vic’s history, Tennessee Williams’ timeless masterpiece A Streetcar Named Desire will be broadcast live from their London home to Lowestoft on Tuesday at 7pm. Gillian Anderson stars as Blanche DuBois, Ben Foster as Stanley and Vanessa Kirby as Stella.
Comedian Paul Chowdhry appears on the Marina stage on Wednesday at 8pm. Host of Channel 4’s Stand Up For The Week and Star of BBC1’s Live at the Apollo, visits Lowestoft for the first time as part of his latest nationwide tour.
You may also want to watch:
Rounding off a busy week on Thursday at 7.30pm, brings a rare UK appearance by Motown’s ultimate soul diva, Martha Reeves lead singer of Martha Reeves and The Vandellas. During her time with The Vandellas, they have scored over a dozen hit singles, including Nowhere To Run, Dancing In The Street, Heatwave, Third Finger Left Hand and Jimmy Mac.
For more information or to book seats for any Marina concert, movie or show, please call the box office on 01502 533200 or visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist