Tragic story of captives at theatre
BLACK Ram Theatre Company brings the tragic story of three captives in underground cells to the Bungay Fisher Theatre tomorrow.Someone Who'll Watch Over Me is a highly acclaimed play by Frank McGuinness.
BLACK Ram Theatre Company brings the tragic story of three captives in underground cells to the Bungay Fisher Theatre tomorrow.
Someone Who'll Watch Over Me is a highly acclaimed play by Frank McGuinness.
It is inspired by the playwright's conversations with Brian Keenan, who in 1986 was abducted on his way to work at the American University of Beirut.
Keenan was kept in underground cells and denied all contact with the outside world until his release four and a half years later.
You may also want to watch:
The play is the compassionate story of Keenan and two fellow captives held hostage together in a small cell. Powerless to escape, the characters survive by resorting to elaborate flights of fancy and games of the imagination, using their humour to rescue each other from the brink of insanity.
The play was a smash hit on The West End and Broadway in 1992 with Stephen Rea, and then in a 2005 revival starring Johnny Lee Miller.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 9 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing