Tragic story of captives at theatre
BLACK Ram Theatre Company brings the tragic story of three captives in underground cells to the Bungay Fisher Theatre tomorrow.Someone Who'll Watch Over Me is a highly acclaimed play by Frank McGuinness.
BLACK Ram Theatre Company brings the tragic story of three captives in underground cells to the Bungay Fisher Theatre tomorrow.
Someone Who'll Watch Over Me is a highly acclaimed play by Frank McGuinness.
It is inspired by the playwright's conversations with Brian Keenan, who in 1986 was abducted on his way to work at the American University of Beirut.
Keenan was kept in underground cells and denied all contact with the outside world until his release four and a half years later.
You may also want to watch:
The play is the compassionate story of Keenan and two fellow captives held hostage together in a small cell. Powerless to escape, the characters survive by resorting to elaborate flights of fancy and games of the imagination, using their humour to rescue each other from the brink of insanity.
The play was a smash hit on The West End and Broadway in 1992 with Stephen Rea, and then in a 2005 revival starring Johnny Lee Miller.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight