Twin event for Waveney winter fair
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
The annual Waveney Greenpeace Winter Fair is all set for next Saturday, February 28.
It takes place at St Edmund’s Hall in Southwold, and is a twin event with a daytime fair from 11am to 5.30pm and an evening gig running from 7pm until 11.30pm.
The daytime event will have stalls, live music, a raffle, green information, hot and cold organic food and drinks and a well stocked organic bar. Children’s activities will be provided by Waveney Valley Woodcraft Folk. Admission is by donation on the door.
Following on from the daytime fair will be the evening gig and with the stalls gone there will be plenty of space for dancing to a range of bands including the Twisted Routes, Woodland Creatures, the East Coast Blues Band and Murphys Lore.
Food and drink will continue to be served in the evening. Tickets for the evening gig are £5 and are available on the door.
You may also want to watch:
The campaigning focus of this year’s event is the Coastal Champions Boat Tour which Greenpeace are running in association with the New Under Ten Fishermen’s Association (NUTFA). The tour starts in Cornwall and will include a visit to Southwold on April 8 and Lowestoft on April 9.
For further information about the winter fair or the tour visit www.waveneygreenpeace.org.uk or find Waveney Greenpeace on Facebook.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles