Variety show will be raising funds for Beccles Lido
A VARIETY show is taking place in Beccles to raise funds for the town’s lido.
On Saturday, April 23 there will be dance, comedy, music and sing-a-long fun in an evening of live entertainment.
It will be hosted by Draglomania, right, a “glambolic comedy music duo” who perform across the country.
Alongside them will be local talent, with Sanguine Sea and professional singer-songwriter Briony Greenhill.
The show is to raise money for Beccles Lido Ltd, which has an ongoing campaign to raise money for the popular community attraction.
You may also want to watch:
All the variety show acts and organisers are volunteering their time to produce this event to raise money ahead of the summer season.
Director Maureen Saunders said: “We want the town’s lido to give local people a pleasant, safe environment for all the family to visit and enjoy this summer. We have to raise all the money ourselves and the variety show is an exciting way to raise funds and awareness of our ongoing campaign.”
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 7 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Six million PPE items arriving in Suffolk found to be unsafe
- 10 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
The event will take place at the Beccles Public Hall on Saturday April, 23 at 7.30pm.
All proceeds from the tickets and bar will go towards the maintenance and running costs of the lido.
Tickets are �10 each, and include a drink. They are available from Saxons, on New Market, Cloves, on Smallgate, Kulture Shock, on Blyburgate, or by calling 01502 715733.