Popular wrestling troupe set to dazzle crowds once again with new knockout show
- Credit: Archant
A tough team of professional wrestlers are set to return to Beccles to deliver yet another thrilling spectacle.
The World Association of Wrestling (WAW) will appear at Beccles Public Hall on Sunday, May 27.
Made up of the Knight family, from Norwich, and their team of internationally renowned wrestlers the show is a hot ticket for all local wrestling fans.
A spokesman for the hall said: “We invite you to take your seats at ringside as WAW offer you, the audience, another fantastic selection of wresting bouts from the vast number of talented wrestlers.
“We feel very privileged to have such a strong connection with WAW - they are the UK’s leading promoter of wrestling and they enjoy coming to smaller venues like the Public Hall as well as working at top international arenas with many thousands in the audience.”
WAW owner Ricky ‘Rowdy’ Knight is confident the show will be a must see event and added: “Expect another great night of wrestling.”
Tickets for the highly anticipated event are expected to be in high demand so the public hall are advising fans to book their tickets as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- 1 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 2 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 3 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 4 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 5 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 6 Inspirational Emma: “I feel very lucky to be alive”
- 7 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Drivers asked to avoid area after two-vehicle crash closes Suffolk road
The action begins at 7.30pm.
Tickets, costing £12, are available from the hall box office on 01502 770 060 or online at www.becclespublichall.org.ukThis weekend the hall has a varied selection of events on offer.
On Saturday, May 5, at 7.45pm, drummer Steve Chapman will bring his new AC/DC tribute band to Beccles.
Five-piece ‘Let There Be RO/CK’ are hoping to bring the hard riffs and classic rock and roll tunes of the iconic Australian band to life.
A hall spokesman said: “Expect a solid wall of AC/DC numbers - a clever mix of the earlier Bon Scott-era songs plus Brian Johnson-era material.”
On Sunday, May 6, the hall will be opening its doors to provide vital refreshments to the hardened cyclists taking part in this year’s Tour de Broads.
A hall spokesman added: “Thanks to the ladies of the Country Market as they have been busy making the shortbread delights that will power the cyclists on their journey back to the start point in Great Yarmouth.”