What’s on at Bungay’s Fisher Theatre
THE Black Ram Theatre Company is back at Bungay’s Fisher Theatre on Tuesday evening with April de Angelis’s Playhouse Creatures.
It is a surreal play, set shortly after the restoration of the monarchy in the 1660s, examining the plight of the first actresses to legally appear on stage. It is at 7.30pm and tickets are �10 (�9 concessions).
Oscar Wilde’s classic society comedy, The Importance of Being Earnest, which opened last night, continues tonight and tomorrow.
Bungay Theatre Group has chosen it as their late autumn production. It has often been called the wittiest play in the English language, and is certain to be a popular choice with the group’s growing army of followers. It tells what happens when two pretty girls both fall in love with men they believe to be called Ernest.
It is on at 7.30pm tonight and tomorrow, with a 3pm matinee tomorrow. Tickets are �7 (�6 concessions).
Next Saturday, December 4. SM Productions are staging Samuel Beckett’s play, Endgame, at 7.30pm.
Tickets are now on sale for the theatre’s annual professional pantomime, Robin Hood, produced by and starring Steve Ace. It runs from December 18-January 3, with discounts available for groups.
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 5 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 6 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 5 of the best brewery tours in Suffolk
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
In the gallery and the theatre bar an exhibition of the work of MAT9, a recently formed group of post-MA textile artists, is on, until Tuesday.
l Call 01986 897130, or visit the website: www.fishertheatre.org