Win tickets for exciting adaptation of Shakespeare’s classic comedy ‘The Taming of the Shrew’ in Bungay
- Credit: Archant
A “boisterous” adaptation of one of Shakespeare’s most loved comic plays will soon be appearing in Bungay.
The Bolshoi Ballet’s ‘The Taming of The Shrew’ will be showing on Wednesday, November 15, at the Fisher Theatre.
A spokesman for the theatre has described the show as a “fast-paced and boisterous take on Shakespeare’s battle of the sexes.”
They added: “With choreography from Jean-Christophe Maillot, this imaginative and updated interpretation brings laughter and thrills throughout.”
The classic play, which depicts the courtship of Petruchio and Katherina, has been adapted on many occasions for stage, screen, opera, ballet and musical theatre.
Members of the public are now being given the opportunity to win two tickets for the event by answering the following question:
“In Shakespeare’s play, ‘The Taming of the Shrew’, what is the name of the shrew?”
- 1 Hidden aspects of Beccles uncovered in new book
- 2 Call for flat roof owners to help fight gull problem
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 5 MP reiterates call for PM to quit after 'inevitable' resignations
- 6 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 7 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 8 Free hearing aids for teddy bears in Norwich this weekend
- 9 Youth theatre group set to stage The Little Shop of Horrors
- 10 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
Send your answer and contact details to email@example.com
Tickets for the show, which begins at 7.30pm, are available from the theatre’s box office on 01986 897130 or via www.fishertheatre.org