Youth theatre group appeals for new members to stage latest production
- Credit: Archant
A popular troupe of young performers is gearing up for its latest musical adventure with a brand new stage show.
Waveney Light Opera Group’s (WLOG) Rising Stars, an award winning youth theatre group based in Beccles, will be staging ‘Thoroughly Modern Musicals’ later this year and is appealing for enthusiastic singers, actors, dancers and musicians in Year 3 and above to get in touch.
An information evening will be held at Blyburgate Hall at 7pm on Friday, April 20, to provide information about the show, the opportunity to meet the production team and a chance to ask any questions.
A WLOG spokesman said: “Written especially for Rising Stars, the show will be showcasing a multitude of songs, dances, sketches and colourful characters from musical first performed or revived in the 21st Century.”
The group previously staged successful performances of Bugsy Malone, Treasure Island and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.
You may also want to watch:
To contact WLOG visit its Facebook page or email youth@WLOG.org.uk
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 4 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 5 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 6 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 7 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 8 Multi-million pound river barrier to protect Broads being considered
- 9 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 10 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'