Workshops for amateur artists
A PROJECT to encourage keen amateur artists to the Raveningham Centre is kicking off in the new year with a series of workshops and events.The beauty of the surrounding countryside and the conducive atmosphere of the centre is guaranteed to lent itself to essence of the experience.
A PROJECT to encourage keen amateur artists to the Raveningham Centre is kicking off in the new year with a series of workshops and events.
The beauty of the surrounding countryside and the conducive atmosphere of the centre is guaranteed to lent itself to essence of the experience.
The first workshop is an introduction to botanical drawing with artist Ruth Wharrier.
It will cover an introduction to botany recognising shape and form and creating light and shade.
You may also want to watch:
Beginners are welcome and the cost is �40, with lunch and refreshments included. Please take drawing pencils and cartridge paper.
Ruth has painted botanical and natural history subjects since childhood. She works in watercolour, gouache and pen and ink.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
She is currently completing students in botanical illustration at the Chelsea Physic Garden in London.
For information and to book telephone the centre on 01508 548406.
The workshop will take place on Monday, January 25 between 10am and 4pm inside the Ravenous Caf�.