Workshops for amateur artists
A PROJECT to encourage keen amateur artists to the Raveningham Centre is kicking off in the new year with a series of workshops and events.The beauty of the surrounding countryside and the conducive atmosphere of the centre is guaranteed to lent itself to essence of the experience.
A PROJECT to encourage keen amateur artists to the Raveningham Centre is kicking off in the new year with a series of workshops and events.
The beauty of the surrounding countryside and the conducive atmosphere of the centre is guaranteed to lent itself to essence of the experience.
The first workshop is an introduction to botanical drawing with artist Ruth Wharrier.
It will cover an introduction to botany recognising shape and form and creating light and shade.
You may also want to watch:
Beginners are welcome and the cost is �40, with lunch and refreshments included. Please take drawing pencils and cartridge paper.
Ruth has painted botanical and natural history subjects since childhood. She works in watercolour, gouache and pen and ink.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 4 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 5 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 6 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 7 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 8 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
She is currently completing students in botanical illustration at the Chelsea Physic Garden in London.
For information and to book telephone the centre on 01508 548406.
The workshop will take place on Monday, January 25 between 10am and 4pm inside the Ravenous Caf�.