Yarmouth Players make debut performance at Public Hall
- Credit: Archant
The Great Yarmouth Players will be making their debut at Beccles Public Hall tonight with their performance of Sweeney Todd.
The cast of 12, including four members from Great Yarmouth Children’s Theatre, have been rehearsing the show for three months and completed their first performance at Great Yarmouth College on Wednesday.
The intense horror play is brought to the stage following the story of the crazed barber returning to London to avenge his family, accompanied by a sea captain, Anthony. Anthony falls in love with the evil Judge’s ward who happens to be Todd’s daughter. Todd meanwhile joins forces with Mrs Lovett, the pie maker, and provides her with fillings for her pies.
The performance will start at 7.30pm and tickets cost £8 or £7 for concessions. Their final performance will take place at the Seagull Theatre in Lowestoft on April 23.
Due to some swearing and horror scenes, the show is only suitable for people 16 and over.
You may also want to watch:
And tomorrow night the Public Hall team is delighted to welcome back the Kast Off Kinks after their superb sell-out performance at the venue last year.
The Kast Off Kinks are not a tribute band - they are former members of The Kinks with the original drummer Mick Avory and they are all looking forward to returning to the Public Hall having received such a warm reception last year.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
The audience will be wowed by numbers such as You Really Got Me, Dedicated Follower of Fashion, Days, Waterloo Sunset, Sunny Afternoon, Lola and Come Dancing.
Tickets are £15 and can be bought online at www.becclespublichall.com, from the box office open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm or by ringing 01502 770060.