Youth brass band back by popular demand
- Credit: Archant
After a sell-out performance in 2012, the National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain are returning to St Michael’s Church in Beccles for a second spectacular concert on Friday, August 8, at 7.30pm.
The band is made up of the country’s most talented young brass players who will be enjoying a summer school at Wymondham College which ends with a short concert tour opening in Beccles.
Under the direction of their conductor Bramwell Tovey the band will play a programme of traditional and contemporary brass band music for all to enjoy. Mr Tovey is one of the world’s leading orchestral and band conductors.
He lives in Canada where he is principal conductor of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra as well as regularly conducting The Los Angeles Philharmonic and the New York Philharmonic and other leading orchestras.
“It is a great thrill to welcome the National Youth Brass band back to Beccles,” said Rev John Beauchamp, rector at St Michael’s.
You may also want to watch:
“The extraordinary sound they make is perfect for our ancient building and hearing so many young musicians perform proves that the UK is leading the world in music education.
“In Beccles the band always enjoy meeting their previous conductor and current patron, Elgar Howarth, who lives in the town. This is an event not to miss for all music lovers and brass band fans.”
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 8 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Tickets cost £7 (£6 concessions and under 18s free).
They are available online at www.becclesfestival.co.uk or from Edge Computer Solutions (Opposite St Michael’s Tower) or by phoning 01502 716370 or 712317.
The concert is a joint promotion by The Beccles Festival and St Michael’s Church.