Youth brass band back by popular demand
- Credit: Archant
After a sell-out performance in 2012, the National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain are returning to St Michael’s Church in Beccles for a second spectacular concert on Friday, August 8, at 7.30pm.
The band is made up of the country’s most talented young brass players who will be enjoying a summer school at Wymondham College which ends with a short concert tour opening in Beccles.
Under the direction of their conductor Bramwell Tovey the band will play a programme of traditional and contemporary brass band music for all to enjoy. Mr Tovey is one of the world’s leading orchestral and band conductors.
He lives in Canada where he is principal conductor of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra as well as regularly conducting The Los Angeles Philharmonic and the New York Philharmonic and other leading orchestras.
“It is a great thrill to welcome the National Youth Brass band back to Beccles,” said Rev John Beauchamp, rector at St Michael’s.
You may also want to watch:
“The extraordinary sound they make is perfect for our ancient building and hearing so many young musicians perform proves that the UK is leading the world in music education.
“In Beccles the band always enjoy meeting their previous conductor and current patron, Elgar Howarth, who lives in the town. This is an event not to miss for all music lovers and brass band fans.”
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 9 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
Tickets cost £7 (£6 concessions and under 18s free).
They are available online at www.becclesfestival.co.uk or from Edge Computer Solutions (Opposite St Michael’s Tower) or by phoning 01502 716370 or 712317.
The concert is a joint promotion by The Beccles Festival and St Michael’s Church.