Youth theatre group launched
A NEW youth musical theatre group has being launched in Beccles.Following a successful open evening, the Waveney Light Opera Group Rising Stars will begin next Friday, March 12, at the St John Ambulance Hall in Blyburgate at 7pm.
A NEW youth musical theatre group has being launched in Beccles.
Following a successful open evening, the Waveney Light Opera Group Rising Stars will begin next Friday, March 12, at the St John Ambulance Hall in Blyburgate at 7pm.
Details of the first show, membership and auditions will be announced on the night, as well as starting rehearsals if time permits.
Helen Steed, who is running WLOG Rising Stars said: “Waveney Light Opera Group (WLOG) have been discussing setting up a youth group for some time and held an open evening on January 22 to see if anyone was interested in joining.
You may also want to watch:
“The response was overwhelming with standing room only available on the night. To date, we have 78 names of either young people who wish to perform in the group or adults who wish to support and help run it.
If you are in school year three and like acting, singing and dancing, or are interested in any aspect of backstage work, then please go along.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
For any more information, or if you are unable to attend, but would like to be involved, email Helen at email@example.com