Youth theatre group launched
A NEW youth musical theatre group has being launched in Beccles.Following a successful open evening, the Waveney Light Opera Group Rising Stars will begin next Friday, March 12, at the St John Ambulance Hall in Blyburgate at 7pm.
A NEW youth musical theatre group has being launched in Beccles.
Following a successful open evening, the Waveney Light Opera Group Rising Stars will begin next Friday, March 12, at the St John Ambulance Hall in Blyburgate at 7pm.
Details of the first show, membership and auditions will be announced on the night, as well as starting rehearsals if time permits.
Helen Steed, who is running WLOG Rising Stars said: “Waveney Light Opera Group (WLOG) have been discussing setting up a youth group for some time and held an open evening on January 22 to see if anyone was interested in joining.
“The response was overwhelming with standing room only available on the night. To date, we have 78 names of either young people who wish to perform in the group or adults who wish to support and help run it.
If you are in school year three and like acting, singing and dancing, or are interested in any aspect of backstage work, then please go along.
- 1 'A very special place' - New mayor privileged to serve town
- 2 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
- 5 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 6 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Data reveals 'inadequate' Suffolk schools starting again as academies
- 10 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
For any more information, or if you are unable to attend, but would like to be involved, email Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org